Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tilting

I kind of think plating is stupid.

I think it's fuddy duddy and gets in the way of the actual tasting experience. Things get cold while you futz around with them.

At least at home I don't like it. I don't know. It's pretty in a restaurant, but I avoid things that are too complicated in general. Like specialized tools, for example.

Along with this anti-plating theme, my tastes also run to the proletariat. The tasty and fresh and lowbrow, that is. Not Twinkies.

However, as a concession to the plating practice, I made an homage to Cervantes. Tortilla española, made with local eggs and potatoes, accompanied by acelgas criadas con cariño en el jardín y saltadas con ajo y sus pencas.

(I'm really just jealous of people who plate well, I think. Therefore I fall back to my strengths--spanish and the absurd)