Friday, November 2, 2007

Itsy Bitsy Rant

So. I'm still going to order the MacBook, but I have a small bone to pick with them.

It's sweet that they have an education discount, right?

ONLY if you're on the payroll of a school. So, me? Educator? Check. Paid by a school? NOPE. NO DISCOUNT FOR YOU!

I feel guilty about thinking this way, but I can't help but be peeved that as one of the direct, in-the-trenches educators I can't access this small perk, when any Joe Schmo who works in a school district (or university), no matter their role, can.


UPDATE:

It's all in how you frame it. I called back and got the discount, presumably because they had me in the computer already.

Here're the deets:

MB 13.3/2.2 CTO: WHITE
Z0FA



1


2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA @ 5400rpm
SD 8x (DVD+R DL/DVD+RW/CD-RW)
No iWork Preinstalled
No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled
No Aperture Preinstalled
No Logic Exp Preinstalled
Keyboard/Mac OS
Country Kit






Ships by: Nov 5 - Nov 7





Delivers by: Nov 7 - Nov 13


And then FREE BONUS!