Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm going to go outside to rake here in a second.

Excuse me here as I shove some of these breakfast mashed potatoes and gravy-laden stuffing into my mouth, ok?

Maria and David's meal did not disappoint. Damn they're good. My contribution was wine (too much!) and a pecan pie. I'm not sure how this happened, but the filling ended up under the crust, which annoyed me. I like a bottom crust to be crunchy and most decidedly NOT soggy. When it floats in the pecan pie filling, though, the crust will necessarily be soggy. Sigh. Has anyone else ever seen that happen?

The most important part of a good turkey dinner is the gravy. Too often people make a gravy that's the color of a pair of Dockers. That is sad. A good turkey gravy is more this color.

Brown brown brown brown brown brown brown!