Saturday, November 3, 2007

Durham Pizza

I. Want. Good. Pizza. Now.

Where can I get it around here? I've been having crappity pizza the times I've had it of late*, and that's just no good at all.

I'm thinking that Pizza Palace is in my future. I had some of that with Elrond a couple of months ago, and mmmmmmmmmmmm it was good. But I'd have to wait until probably 5 p.m. tonight. I don't know if I have that kind of stamina.

Alternately, I've heard good things about Randy's. But I'm not sure the one near me has the same owners as the one I've been to before. That one, which I tried a few years ago when hanging with my boy Gee one day, was over in Woodcroft, kind of by City Beverage. It was fab, too.

Here are the qualities that are coming to mind that define a fantastic pizza as I would like to eat it right now.

1) Thin crust that is slimy under the sauce, but crunchy and slightly burned on the bottom. Not soggy.
2) Thin, almost watery sauce. Not sweet, savory. Even salty, perhaps.
3) Cheese that is gaggy it's so melted. And that is not very good once it's cool. And that tends to slip around a lot if you've tried to move the pizza while it's too hot.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I am JUST barely able to leave the house for an hour or so. However, I am still exhausted and BORED. BORED!!!! NOTHING TO READ!

NOM NOM NOM NOM PIZZA!




*It's because it's been work-related CRAP.