Monday, May 28, 2007

Uh oh....

I'm having DIY hair urges. No worries, not yet. I managed to use an eyebrow razor to try to undo some of the heavy sides left over from an ill-advised, last minute visit (three months ago) to a supercuts-esque chain "stylist."

I cut my finger a little in the process, looks like.

I have an almost overwhelming urge to get a couple of sets of those eyebrow razors and just hack and hack at the back of my hair until the front is long long long and the back is well, scraggly and uneven, but cutely so.

But really? I want to DO IT MYSELF.

Besides a Flowbee, can you think of a way to tackle this? I want to teach myself to cut my hair. It's a waste of money to pay someone to do it, and I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with learning a new skill.

What's the worst thing that could happen? I make an appointment at Syd's and ask for a shorn head because that's all the hair that's left? Bah. I've done that. (Actually? I really, REALLY love that haircut you see when you click on 'shorn head.')

Editor: In context, doesn't this have the potential to make me sound a little, well, mental?? (I can say that. You can't. Unless you can. You know who you are.) Will talk to the expert about it next time I see him.