Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bleh

Yuck. I'm sick. At least I think I must be. Yesterday I took a nap, and today I did the same, only for much longer. I'm feeling out of sorts, very under the weather, and also quite down, which I alluded to yesterday. Down enough to be concerned. Bad thoughts are beginning to invade my quiet (when healthy) mind.

I just deleted a long vent about work. Let's just say I'm not very happy right now, and I'll leave the specifics inside of me, where they belong much more so than here on a blog. Oh how I wish I could rant. I wish I could responsibly feel comfortable detailing the whys of my work malaise. Ah well.

Ok, enough of the bad.

The good:
Our Marianne was kind enough to let me swing by this morning to pick up a large, heavy sack load of pears from her tree. She's had a bounty crop this year, and I appreciate the donation. They'll ripen up in the next couple of weeks, and then I'm considering canning them as whole fruit.

I planted beets, radishes, broccoli and carrots in my community plot today. I purchased cabbages, broccoli, carrots, kale, and probably 90 more things to plant at home, but I've not been able to drag myself out there.

Ok, the forced reporting of The Good feels just that: forced. Again with the invasive negative thoughts (Hey! Pessimism is catching! I'm surrounded by it daily, so no surprise, I suppose). Might as well roll with it.

Birding yesterday SUCKED. The trail I took hadn't been trod since Spring migration, I'm pretty sure. The waist-high weeds hiding the trail were the main tipoff. There were screaming children, a couple of Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers, and weirdest looking mottled-breasted, quiet-voiced Carolina Wren I've ever seen. I realized I've not seen the majority of summer residents even once this season. No Indigo Buntings. No Tanagers. Jeeze.

I let a few kilos of beans rot rather than find time to process them.

I don't have a working stereo in my car.

Bubba is so chill as to seem absolutely insipid when I want him to be cheery.

I went out to meet a girlfriend for drinks last evening and had zero fun. This despite her buying me a drink and appetizer at the extremely fancy restaurant she'd chosen. And also despite being hit on by a good-looking man whose middle name was literally Danger. He handed me his bank card as proof. My reply (out loud, even) was that I felt like I was in a bad movie. He swore we'd met before. We hadn't.