Friday, January 25, 2008

ME ME ME ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

The last few years I've thrown my own birthday parties. I decided to do that when I realized that, unlike many other people, I really dig having a big celebration and people to surround me and make a (minor) fuss. I don't get that very often, so it feels really good.

I'd spent the prior few birthdays before very down, and even alone. So I changed that. It was a little weird and self-centered feeling (that, and people don't seem to understand what "no presents" means, creating both guilt and glee), but I got over that.

The next b-day is coming up, and this time I just don't have it in me to throw a party. I don't want to clean the house before and after. That, and it's on a Monday. Blech.

I see I'm not the only one with the Birthday Quandary.

(This is not a "throw me a party!" post. Nonetheless, if you have any ideas of alternate ways I can celebrate, please let me know.)