Monday, November 19, 2007

My Maria

I've lost count of the times on here I've talked about my gardening muse, Maria. Maria and I worked together in a former life, but we really got to be good friends about 3-4 years ago, when I had some hard times, and she stepped up to help.

I love Maria.

It was through Maria that I first found an outlet for gardening. This whole local foods thing? It's not even an issue with Maria and her sweetie. They've always done it, and it's second nature. This summer I cheated with One Local Summer and just went over to their house for dinner, took a picture and called it a day. She and David (the sweetie) have a ginormo, fabulous garden. Before I had my own, I got to dig over there with her. Maria is my resource for troubleshooting garden issues. She found me the Dipel Dust that saved my brassicas and greens this fall. My research had actually pointed to a different substance, but it wasn't working for shit.

Argh. I'm running on at the mouth.

My point is that Maria has a blog. She's a wonderful writer, and I'm excited to see what she has to say. Please go visit, and know you now have access to one of the bestest peeps out there.

Now y'all are lucky like me!