Wednesday, October 10, 2007

No good, very bad day

SO!

In addition to my tooth woes, which continue, I also had the honor of having my power cut off yesterday. No, that's not embarassing at ALL!

I've been having problems with the power company for about the last 6 months, since the transition from Evil Roommate. First they both didn't send me a bill AND wouldn't allow me to log in to my account. I tried several times without success, and as I am wont to do, didn't follow up. Until the phone call. The phone call threatening loss of service. I paid over the phone, and while on there managed to regain access to my account. I promptly forgot about it because...Problem solved, in theory.

The deeper problem, though, is my seeming inability to remember important things like paying this bill. Rent? No prob. Gas bill? No prob? Phone? No prob. Internet? No prob.

Water? Prob, occasionally, because it's city water and they bill at odd times--every other month. You can pay online, but you can't set up autopay.

Electricity? Obviously a problem, because I embarassed myself when my roommate called to ask why we didn't have power. I slept without airconditioning or a fan on. I got dressed and showered by candlelight. I went to bed pre-9:00 p.m.

Y'all...in my defense, they have NOT BILLED ME.

I eventually figured out the second problem is that they've been sending bills to a defunct email address for the last 6 months. It's NO wonder I've not paid! I need, need, need a reminder. And getting a bill is the reminder I need. No paper bill, no e-bill, no phone, no knock on my door. Nothing.

Just...BOOM. No power.

I know part of this is my own fault. But damnit, work with me.