Saturday, October 13, 2007

Curiouser and Curiouser

I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!

I have to get back into sewing. I think I'm going to start tomorrow with a new project. I'm not sure what to do first, other than procure the fabric and notions.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Easy enough, right? I dug through my fabric stash and found something that will work perfectly. And even though the project isn't exactly tough, I can't seem to visualize exactly how I want it.

I think I should understand that better, if I had it written down: but I can't quite follow it as you say it.

As is usual for me and my inability to concentrate much past the "Oooh! An APRON!!" stage, I'm planning on not trying to use a pattern. They scare me.

Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.

People have told me that it's really not that hard.

It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.

No...the directions are too complicated. I have the same problem with crochet patterns.

Let me see: four times five is twelve, and four times six is thirteen, and four times seven is -- oh dear! I shall never get to twenty at that rate!

I am not ready to deal with that mess. It's just an apron. A waistband, a pleated square for the bottom, a non-pleated square for the top, and some frilly touches--right?

Fan her head! She'll be feverish after so much thinking.

The things I sew rarely turn out as I want to them to. But I resist the damn PATTERN!

I have an excellent idea, LETS CHANGE THE SUBJECT.