Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Does anyone else LIKE being weird?

Jerrypants tagged me for what might be the best meme evah. He seems to think I'd done it before, but I don't remember. So we're good!

Here's how you play: Once you have been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird or random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose 10 people to be tagged, listing their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says, "Tag, You're it" on their profiles and ask them to read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you

  1. I am one of the last people in the US to get the smallpox vaccine. People my age or younger sometimes think I am from another country. I had a reaction to the cowpox bad enough from it to be hospitalized.
  2. Another thing people notice about me is that I often cover my nose with the collar of my shirt, as though I smelled something bad. It's not you. I promise. This habit began in the COLD COLD house of my parents. What began as a way to warm up my frozen nostrils is now an unconscious gesture of comfort.
  3. I chipped my front tooth one time, badly enough to expose the nerve (OUCH!) when I was home alone after school. I was opening a bottle of apple juice. I was young enough that the lid area was in line with my face as the bottle was on the counter. When the lid's seal went, the bottle smashed into my face. Wait. This isn't weird. It just...IS.
  4. OK. WEIRD. Um...I'm having an problem here with this word WEIRD. It's supposed to be what, negative? I own my oddness, and cherish it. Wouldn't give it up if I had to. It's what makes me ME, man....don't harsh on me by making me "cop" to these traits as if they were "bad" or something. Number Four: I think weird is good.
  5. My TMI threshold is extremely high. I can handle almost any information (sexual or bodily function or whatever) that people throw at me while remaining outwardly collected.
  6. I have a little mole on the inside "fingerpit" between the pinky and ring fingers on my left hand. It's how I learned which hand was the left one.
  7. The taste of burning is one of my favorites ever.
  8. When I speak French people think I'm Spanish. When I lived in Spain, people thought I was either French or Scandinavian. Occasionally Belgian. They never considered English-speaking countries.
  9. The first field guide I ever got was a gift from my sweet Emily. She and I bonded over my interest in ramps, which I've still never eaten.
  10. I have an extra bone in my right foot that looks like a bunion but isn't.
Tagging....uh...anyone who wants to. KW, Cristin, Sean, JeniQ, Jamie, Nicole, Imperatrix, Marco, Michele?