Friday, February 2, 2007

An oldie but goodie

The cake eating has begun early and will continue in earnest through the weekend. Homemade frosting is...decadent, isn't it?

My understanding is that there will be at least three kinds of cake accessible to those who come celebrate the last few hours of my being 35 on Saturday night. I made one of the flavors last night, for no other reason than that I WANTED IT. NOW.

Dinner was homemade pizza (capers and garlic, with my own sauce I canned in August). Dessert was apple spice cake with vanilla frosting. Breakfast this morning was coffee and cake. Early lunch was pizza and cake.

3 p.m. snack has been, no kidding, a pound of broccoli. Roasted until slightly carmelized, salted, no butter or oil. If I hadn't run out, I'd have made seconds!

Apparently you need veggies to survive. At least that what my body tells me. I listened to it today, and then thought about my stepsister, Brenna.

She always used to sing the song from this video. She'd laugh her ass off, and I never knew what she was talking about. I love that I can look it up now and see what all the fuss was about!