Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Does. Not. Compute.

In response to an online job application I filled out today.

Thank you for your interest in a position with National Natural Foods Grocery Store Chain. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you further consideration at this time, as the information you have provided does not meet our minimum requirements.

Hi-LARIOUS!

The only information it asked was my address and how many jobs I'd had in the last 3 years. Two is too many, apparently! I can't remember if they asked my level of education, actually. They might have turned me down because of that.

I bet you anything that an in-person meeting with the store manager would be more fruitful. Failing that, I'll call on one friend who worked management at a local branch to make some calls. If that doesn't work, I have one more ace up my sleeve. Another good friend has a relative (close relative) who worked for many, many years as an upper-level exec at said store's corporate headquarters. This person is also a birder.

P.S. No worries, I see the humor in this. :-)