Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I played the bugle!

Me. In the news.

Fun day yesterday!

BTW, the Durham Herald Sun (First link) is annoyingly registration only. So here are the relevant bits, as an excerpt:

At the park

About 100 people and a few dogs from the Old West Durham and Watts-Hillandale neighborhoods gathered at Oval Park for a parade after watching the inaugural proceedings on TV.

With snow on the ground and flakes still falling, chants of "Obama" and "Yes we did" rose from those assembled as they took a couple of laps around the park, led by American and North Carolina flags and a cardboard cutout of Obama.

"I was glued to the TV," said STEW, who was playing a bugle along to the "Yes we did" cheer. "I was lucky enough to have a snow day. I expected to be at work. It was a lucky gift."


(Ahem, they misquoted me. I said it was a "simple" gift."

Photo: Chris Seward, News and Observer.