Monday, August 4, 2008

Shelby

It's raining! Not the crazy pouring storm type of rain, but it has cut into my birding a bit.

Yesterday morning I headed out to the nature preserve first thing, and immediately spotted a slew of female or juvenile American Redstarts. There were some of the usual suspects as well--Red Eyed Vireos galore, for example, and titmice, chickadees, bluejays and the like. By far the most exciting were a pair of Hooded Warblers. My Sibley's says they're not usually up here in this part of Michigan, so I'm interested in checking out their distribution in more detail a bit later.

That is if I don't run out of time. I'm at the small library in the small town closest to the cottage, and I have about 10 minutes left of computer time before they kick me out. So this entry will be brief brief brief! Both of the librarians have really cute hair and were kind enough to refer me to their stylist down the road. $14 for a haircut is really unheard of. I'm up for it.

I'm sure I have 90 zillion more things to report (of interest to few, but hey, that's my MO) but neither the time nor the memory to flesh them out.

Oh, Marco? I'm noting things for you. There were a bunch of cyclists I passed on the way into town. I bet you've done that route before.

Much love to you all,
Stew