Saturday, January 19, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

And the 1" of snow we have so far with another expected, combined with scary low temps, is probably going to put the kibosh on the dinner Crush asked me out to tonight and the festive plans we were making with others for later in the evening.

Boo.

Ever optimistic, though, I figure I can stay here until Monday morning and then take off for Jamie's house. Maybe the extra day will mean Crush and I can spend some more time together. We'll see! He'll be calling later, and then maybe we can discuss alternate plans. He's really cute. (HEE!) And I'm also not as crazy crushy as I was. Luckily, swoony fantasy land does become tempered with time and so hasn't overwhelmed the reality of what is at any given time. I'm fantastically content, and it's great to get away from the pressures of work and my messy, messy bedroom.

Meanwhile, Nemoid and the family are treating me phenomenally well, as per usual. There's a big ol' pot of gumbo on the stove, and it's going to take supreme willpower not to dunk my entire head into the pot. I don't need any more bizarre, cuisine-related facial burns, now, do I? The roux...oh the roux. It was perfectly chocolate in color. The gumbo is for tomorrow. It's better to let it rest for a day.

Dinner tonight, since the plan of me taking MARTA to midtown and meeting up with Crush for the potentially romantic Ethiopian dinner has been thwarted, will be an Indian chicken dish. Not everything is or should be determined by the food you consume, but my cooking habits of late have been abysmal. Noodles with butter and parmesan. Or a can of tuna with salad dressing on it. Or fast food. Sigh.

SO this spoiling with gumbo and homemade Indian is just paradise.

Oh, and homemade waffles for breakfast. Dude.