Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Because I've been working crazy hours

The Great Mofo Delurk 2007

Assuming anyone regularly reads here at all, please just drop me a comment, lurker or not, so that I feel the love, mmmkay? It can be apropos of nothing; I certainly don't make much sense most days.

Oh, speaking of non-sequitors, I had school lunch today for the first time in a couple of years. It's bad.

Choices were:
Chicken Nuggets/biscuit
"Spicy" Cheese "Enchiladas" served with "salsa"
French Fries
Iceberg Lettuce (with dressing, presumably)
Pizza Hut
Grilled chicken breast on a salad
Apple Juice
Milk
Sports Drinks

I ended up with the one with the most quotes. I don't trust a lot of meat, so I tend to go for the veggie options, quite often.

School Lunch Review
Of all of the adjectives in Spicy Cheese Enchiladas with Salsa, only cheese was accurate. Call me impressed; it was actual cheddar cheese, with some very mild peppers and a couple of onion pieces, wrapped up in a flour tortilla. The accompanying sauce was a marinara. On the whole, it was a mild, perfectly pleasant (though oddly shaped) quesadilla. I could identify each and every ingredient.

I also got french fries, in part to see whether they were as bad as the ones we used to get. They were.

Chocolate milk, lowfat. YUM.
Diet Pepsi, purchased in the Teacher Workroom

Total Cost:
$3.10