Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In Charge

A camping trip I'm going on at the end of the month is apparently Without Planner, which I discovered when I pumped my contact for the details. He's not been able to arrange what he wanted to be doing, so I'm going to try to step up to the plate.

So.

Help me, if you can.

Do you know of any places within an easy drive of the RDU area that does overnight canoe camping? Where you can rent the canoes?

Some links for me to check out. (This is a handy place to make some canoe-camping bookmarks for me.)

Carolina Canoe Club Canoe Camping (info about the W-S area Dan river, especially)

A Dan River rental place

New River canoe rentals, including an overnight thing.

Frog Hollow, A local-ish outdoor trips place

Raven Rock State Park (but where to get the canoes?)


This looks promising: