Monday, August 20, 2007

Another problem for solving

Thanks for your fabulous info about the garden plans! Now we have something different.

For the past week or so, I've been almost obsessively licking my lips. Mostly the bottom one. To top things off, there's a small wound just on the inside of my lower lip. I keep accidentally biting it.

This behavior change has coincided with a new med being added back into my mix. It's what they call a "wakefulness promoting" agent, which also is used for adult ADD.

I've tried to use chapstick to make the skin better, but it burns when I put it on, and it doesn't stop me from licking anyway. I also can't stop thinking about stopping.

I'm assuming the licking is a side effect related to the racing thoughts I have before going to sleep. The anxiety is supposed to subside after a bit, but I'm worrying a lot. I am much better able to concentrate, however.

So. Any ideas on how to stop the licking? Anyone have any bitter apple?