Monday, May 7, 2007

This again

A friend of mine once told me that he suspects I feel emotions more deeply than most.

I think he's probably right.

It's great when it's joy. I can look at a flower or a bird or my garden and be utterly restored and filled in the moment with an intense swelling of pleasure. When the emotion is utter capitulation in the face of seemingly endless loneliness, though, like right now, well...it sucks.

Sheesh, I sound like a drama queen. I'm sick of crying, though. Between that and the way more frequent allergen-induced nose-running, I'm getting raw. At least the zit that was hanging on outside my nostril has healed though.

Oh, but I think I had a tick in my hair. I picked something off of my head, but I seem to have lost it in the bed. I brushed my hair out over the white sink, but I didn't get any tick falling out.

And my washer broke mid-cycle. I had to haul out the wet, soapy clothes and bail out the water when I got home today. The clothesline broke under the weight, and so the clothes are on cycle two in the dryer. Soapy and dryer. Better than mold, I suppose.

Sigh.