Monday, May 7, 2007

New Lifers

I birded a lot this weekend. Since I was with some premier birders, I saw a lot more than when I go alone. Thus, I had many, MANY lifers! I'm hesitant to even list these as lifers, since I didn't personally identify them. I'm kind of anal that way. But the part of me that likes to see the list grow dictates that I put these up.

American Black Duck
Northern Harrier

Lesser Yellowlegs
Solitary Sandpiper
Spotted Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
House Wren
Swainson's Thrush
Blackpoll Warbler
Northern Waterthrush
Hooded Warbler
Swamp Sparrow
Orchard Oriole

Looking around, I see that I don't have an actual life list anywhere online. It's in my smaller Sibley's and my Birds of the West Indies field guides. I'm going to post it here and put it on the sidebar for me to update. Nice!

(Boring for YOU!)