Sunday, March 23, 2008

My new friend

                      .--.
." o \__
_.-" ,( `
_.-" ,;;|
_.-=" _," ,,;;;'
.-"`_.-"``-..,,;;;;:'
`"'` `\`\
/^\\\

(from here)

Last night I had an extremely vivid dream that to this minute brings me some very strong feelings of The Happy.

I was outside and saw a small, yellow bird. A warbler, of course. (Yes, this is a bird dream. Come on, you know it's boring as hell to hear about other people's dreams to begin with, so they might as well be about an arcane topic, right?)

So yeah, a yellow bird. Small one. It fluttered around by me, and when I held my hand up for it, it alighted onto my forefinger, as a falcon to my gauntlet. Then it crawled down to my hand, and it became clear that this was not just a wild bird, but a true friend. This bird had been looking for me.

It was yellow all over, but looking at it closely, there were a few areas of turquoise blue feathers on its flanks and near its eyes.

Someone was nearby and expressed surprise at the bird's tameness. I explained that this was a bird that was meant to for me, that it was a friend, and that its name was 'Thon.

'Thon rocked.