Sunday, December 23, 2007

Porch Beer and other problems.

I'm a little worried about the beer. I mean, I can't drink it too too fast, because it's 7% alcohol, and MAN that is a kick in the pants. It's already losing some fizz, and I'm not real psyched about that, but it's not my main concern at the moment.

The problem is, you see, that the temperature has dropped something like 9 degrees in 20 minutes and is getting lower. The day began at 51ºF and will end up at 18º or so. I'm worried that the porch beer will freeze.

The wind is blowing so hard that the (fat!) squirrels are barely able to hang on to the trees, and the bushes near the feeder are full of chickadees (black-capped, not Carolina) with messy feathers. The back screen door, despite being tightly fastened, is fighting hard not to be sucked open.

They're expecting light snow; just 3-6", but the roads that had all melted are frozen over now to black ice. I'm supposed to go to my dad's house for dinner tonight, but I've kind of lost my winter driving mojo, I'm afraid. And the winter weather advisory reports that the gust of wind up to 50 mph will create "near blizzard" conditions. Um...not driving in that. Maybe I'll see if I can go out there during the day tomorrow instead, when things will have calmed down a bit.