Friday, October 26, 2007

Very superstitious

The rain gods have seen fit to bless us with their presence for the last three days. Continuously.

I've been thinking for a long while, more and more and more over the last few weeks, that if/when it rained next I'd rejoice in the good, drenching, happy soak and turn my face up to the skies. I even pledged to myself that I'd not wear rain gear, as an offering.

Praise the rain, and the good that you're sending us. The Little River is dry, as I witnessed last weekend, and most other creek beds are downright dusty. I will forgo minor protection from this gift, and instead celebrate it.

Little did I know I'd be walking a neighbor's dog twice a day when it happened! And that it would have gotten cold!

But it's OK. On balance I'd rather be cold and soaked to the bone with this drought somewhat mitigated.

(I'm a little weirded out by my strong need for this retroactive sacrifice...where the hell is this religious tone coming from?)



View from my office window, 9 a.m.