Saturday, August 4, 2007

I know, I know...

Believe me I know how non-interesting people find other people's dreams.

Believe me.

I just can't help myself from time to time, though, when I have a dream that seems so beyond the pale that I can't stop thinking about it.

So here it is, as well as I can remember it.

I got something in my left eye. It watered a bunch and then I went to bed. I was at Emily's house for some reason (but of course it wasn't the house she really lives in).

When I woke up the next day, my eye still hurt. I looked in the mirror again, and saw something that looked like a leftover piece of paper...like a bandaid wrapper, or the plastic container of a blisterpack, only smaller and not plastic.

Being pretty comfortable around my eyes, I picked out the thing from my eye, realizing that it had been there for a while, and went about my business.

A few minutes later, I stepped back into the bathroom and saw a largish chunk of my brain in the sink.

Uhhhhhhhhh....

What ensued was a long battle to get myself to the hospital. Emily had left already, which left me home with her husband and baby. There were barriers galore, including snow, ice, people not knowing where to go, me being unable to figure out what to pack, me losing my bag, not being able to decide about whether to go to the downtown hospital where I used to work or the one that was the closest and had lake views. I had to show a couple from out of town how to get to their parking space, after they told me they'd drive me to the hospital.

The brains were lost at some point, actually flushed if I remember correctly, when my stepfather Pedro determined that the hospital wouldn't need to see this burger-sized lump of brains that came out of my head. I had planned to take it and try to, I don't know...get it put back in?

Anyhoo, this laptop is cranking out enough heat to have me sweating here. I'm even bored with this dream.

Whew the A/C just kicked in. I bet I was just overly hot.