Thursday, May 3, 2007

Talk amongst yourselves

So, sadness: to display or to stifle*?

555-fouh fouh fouh fouh-- Give a call, we'll talk, no big whoop.

My gut feeling is to let the tears flow and accept them, when possible. I've not ever been real successful at stemming tears, but I am excellent at feeling bad about crying.

Crying feels uncomfortable to me when I'm doing it, and frequently afterwards as well. I don't get the relief that some people claim. I do get annoyed, though. It also makes me want to hide.

When I was at Al's memorial service last weekend, I didn't feel concerned or pathetic or anything about crying. And the tears *really* streamed. Maybe that's because everyone else was crying, too.

Hm.

*assuming one is home and not in the boss's office or on a date or something