Monday, February 26, 2007

Reflections

So yeah, I probably won't be posting much specific about work, cause you know, you're not really supposed to do that, or so I've heard.

But. My immediate take on things: I feel comfortable. I feel confident. I like the people I'll be working with. There are some things that concern me, but not too too terribly much. I realized after today that there's a lot to learn about how things work, but I know I'll be fine.

The schedule, as I mentioned in the comments, has built-in goodness. Friday afternoons are an automatic off at 1 p.m., with MTWR schedules slightly longer to make up for it. It's kind of misleading though, because every other Friday I have a standing meeting from 4:30-6. So. I might just end up taking off every other Friday entirely instead of taking off from 1-4:00 on the meeting days. At any rate, I essentially set my own schedule.

I ate well today, that's for sure! I had a healthy, healthy, healthy lunchie, chock full of protein and veggies and lean meats. I drank a lotta water, and breakfast was also proteiny. And dinner will be very veggie-centric. (I had a coffee mid-day, but my GOD did I need it...)

I got up bright and early, grabbed the keys to the shed and set about taking the leaf mulch off of the front garden. Then I dug up a bunch of the bulbs that pervade that area. Tomorrow I'll continue doing that. It was hard work, and it felt good to actually carry off the remains to the compost pile.

Ahhhhhhh.